Windows Remote Desktop is a great feature provided by Microsoft in Windows 10 and almost all earlier versions of Windows. Remote Desktop can be used to access the computer over the network. It is also called RDP or Remote Desktop Protocol.
Sometimes RDP in Windows 10 stops working. There are various reasons for this. We will discuss some solutions that you might look for and will help you resolve the issue of RDP in Windows 10 not working.
- Cách nấu thịt băm
- Hiểu biết về giới hạn sinh thái được con người ứng dụng như thế nào trong trồng trọt và chăn nuôi
- Luận văn sự hài lòng của khách hàng về chất lượng dịch vụ của siêu thị Coop Mart
- Đề bài – giải bài 3 trang 32 sách bài tập lịch sử và địa lí 6- cánh diều
- So sánh hình ảnh trăng trong Đồng chí và Ánh trăng
Pro Tip: If you are in a hurry and dont have time to troubleshoot, you can use Google Chrome Remote Desktop or TeamViewer 13 as Remote Desktop alternatives.
Otherwise, you can go through the list of possible solutions that may resolve Windows 10 remote desktop not working. Just follow the steps one by one and at the end of each step, see if the remote desktop starts working again.
nội dung thu gọn
1. Allow RDP in Windows Firewall
The first time you try to access the remote desktop the windows firewall will not allow you to do so because it is not active by default. It is because of security reasons as it gives security warnings if you try to access your computer from a different device. It may also happen if you are using any other antivirus software that does not let any other device access your computer. So in the case of antivirus the solution may be to uninstall it or stop it from running in the background.
In case of Windows firewall warnings, we have to turn it on
- Type firewall in the search and open the Windows Defender Firewall.
- From the left menu click onAllow an app or feature through Windows Firewall.
- Click on change settings
- Now find the Remote Desktop and turn it on
There you go, the Windows firewall will now allow you to connect to this PC remotely using remote desktop protocol.
2. Enable Remote Desktop in Windows Settings
Just like changing the firewall settings, it is necessary that you allow remote connection as well if you are using remote desktop for the very first time. So in order to do this:
- Search forremote settings andyou will findAllow Remote connections to your computer,open it by clicking.
- Now in the settings that will open checkAllow remote connections to this computerand clickOK to save changes.
Remote connections are now enabled and now you can use it for the very first time. In order to use this feature, you have to make sure that your computer is not in hibernation mode or sleep mode, in that case, you wont be able to connect your computer in remote desktop.
3. Turn off custom scaling
When you try using the remote desktop feature, the scaling feature of windows should be turn off as it might not be compatible with the device that will control your computer. This is a very recommended method as it has helped fix the error of the remote desktop. So in order to turn off the custom scaling follow the method:
- Open the settings You can do that simply by pressingWindows Key + Ishortcut.
- Once the settings open, go to the Systemsection.
- Click onTurn off custom scaling and sign out, if it is not already turned off.
Sign in again and try to use remote desktop, hopefully, it will start working.
4. Disable IPv6 protocol
Another option that has worked for many is to disable IPv6 (internet protocol version)on your network adapter. By default, Windows prefers IPv6 over IPv4. So if you are having problems using IPv6 to connect to the servers, you can force your computer to use IPv4 only.
- Open Settings ->Network and Internet -> Ethernet -> Change Adapter options
- Right click on the adapter for which you want to disable it, and select properties.
- Look for the checkbox which saysInternet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6), uncheck it.
- Click on OK, and restart your computer.
There are times when Windows Update will also break the remote desktop connection and create problems for you. We have already written about one recent problem with the RDP authentication error function requested is not supported here.
These are some simple yet useful methods that can help you solve the issue of remote desktop connection. Please share your experiences in the comments below.
- How to Use Chrome Remote Desktop As TeamViewer Alternative
- Fix RDP Authentication Error Function Requested Is Not Supported
- How To Enable Remote Desktop Connection RDC In Windows 11
- How To Open RDP Port To Allow Remote Desktop Access To Your System
- How To Enable Remote Desktop In Windows 10 Home (RDP)
Video liên quan